Host a Workshop
Nature Academy does not have a physical location; we move our workshops around to make them accessible to more teachers and show teachers how different types of sites can be used for outdoor learning. As such, Nature Academy wouldn’t be possible without the support of the schools and organizations that have offered up their fields, forests, classrooms and streams for our use.
That being said, we do look for a few features in the sites that we choose: first, that the site is easy to get to; second, that it allows us to deliver workshop content effectively; third, that it is representative of the nature teachers would typically be able to access without buses and fourth, that there is enough of a demand for a workshop in that area (10 person minimum).
© High Park Nature Centre
Hosting a workshop can include the following benefits:
- Learn how your site can be used for outdoor education through detailed lessons and activities
- Introduce teachers to your site and your school programs (if applicable)
- We waive the workshop fee so one host facility staff person can attend for free (up to $149 value)
- Opportunity to be or suggest a special guest for the workshop being hosted at your site
- Your logo included on our Funders & Supporters page.
Think your site might be suitable? Please contact us.